If you wish to use an Xbox 360 controller with RacecarSim on a Mac, you will first need to install the corresponding driver.
- Go to the release page on GitHub.
- Under the “Assets” dropdown, double click the
.dmgfile. It should have a name similar to
360ControllerInstall_1.0.0-alpha.6.dmg. This will create a new window titled “Install Install360Controller”.
- Complete all of the steps in the installation window. The final step will cause your computer to restart.
- Plug your Xbox 360 controller into a USB port on your computer.
- Under “System Preferences”, you should see an option titled “Xbox 360 Controllers”. Click this option to create a new window titled “Xbox 360 Controllers”.
- On the “Controller Test” page, you will see a model of the controller which indicates when each button is pressed. Test that each button on your controller causes the corresponding button on the controller test to register. If so, you are now ready to use your Xbox 360 controller with RacecarSim.
These instructions were adopted from this article. Beware that this article will also instruct you to install unnecessary programs such as CleanMyMac X and Joystick Mapper. We do not recommend that you install this software.